Agriculture & Natural Resources
Our program provides education, training, and technical assistance to individuals and businesses concerned with profitable agriculture.
What is Agriculture Extension?
Agriculture is a program area of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. Extension Agriculture programs are part of the outreach program of the University Of Kentucky College Of Agriculture. We provide informal education in agricultural production and environmental stewardship.
Departmental specialists, researchers, and county agents develop and implement agriculture programs. In addition to production agriculture, a small staff of Extension Associates provides focused assistance to state and county staff on interdisciplinary and critical-need programs. These programs may deal with the interface between production agriculture and environmental stewardship. Associates also address the relationship between farmers and non-farm rural and urban citizens. Our programs make a difference in the lives of millions of Kentuckians through research-based education.
Working with our other land grant partner, Kentucky State University, we extend the resources of the University to the people in their local communities. County agents serve as the link between people in every Kentucky county and experts in the universities. They coordinate and provide educational programs for the public through meetings and workshops, field days, personal communications, and web or satellite broadcasts. Agents also provide publications, newsletters, computer programs, videos, and other educational materials.
Agriculture Resources in Campbell County
- County Agriculture Investment Programs (CAIP)
- Cattle Pregnancy Testing: we can help you test your cattle for pregnancy. Find an instructional video on how to take a blood same here. Stop by the main office to pick up test tubes and syringes.
- Crop Scouting
- Disease & Pest Identification: did you find a bug in your yard or garden and are unsure of what it is? Bring it to our main office in a tightly sealed container and we can identify it for you!
- Equipment Rental: we have farming equipment available for rental. Click here for more information.
- Hay Samples: we can test hay for you. Drop off your hay sample and we will send it off to be tested! When we get the results back, our agriculture agent will send you the results with her recommendation(s).
- Soil Samples: we can test soil for you. Find instructions on how to gather a soil sample here. When we get the results back, our agriculture agent will send you the results with her recommendation(s). We have soil probes available for you to borrow-stop by to pick one up at either our main office or our Environmental Education Center!
- Plant Diagnostics
Teacher & Classroom Resources