Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

  • When is 4-H Camp in 2021?

July 26-30, 2021

  • When are 4-H Camp application packets available? Click here 

  • Can I get a refund if my child is unable to attend 4-H Camp?

Refunds are available if notification of at least one week is given.  All cancellations must be made through the Extension office during office hours (M-F, 8 am - 4:30 pm)

  • If my child is unable to attend 4-H Camp when will my refund check be available for pick-up?

If your check has not been deposited, we will give your check back to you.  However, if your check has been deposited a refund will be give one week after the campers return from camp.

Agriculture soil sample form (click link)

Horticulture soil sample form (Home Lawn and Garden sample) (click link)

  • What are your Facebook Account addresses?

Please see the links below.

Campbell County Agriculture and Horticulture

Campbell County 4-H 

Campell County Environmental Education Center

Campbell County Family and Consumer Sciences 

  • When is the best time to fertilize or re-seed my lawn?
Fall is the best time, though late winter would be the second best time to seed.  Read more about lawn care.  Turf Care Calendar for Cool Season Lawns in KY.

  • What do I do with my tomato plants when we have had too much rain?
As a rule of thumb, plants need one inch of water per week.  But we cannot control mother nature.  When spring showers ae here, supplemental irrigation may not be necessary.  Remember when watering, focus on the root of the plant.  For more information about Home Vegetable Gardening refer to this Univerisity of Kentucky Publication Home Vegetable Gardening in Kentucky.
  • Can I reserve the meeting rooms at the Campbell County Cooperative Extension Service?
See the following links for information regarding use of our meeting rooms. 
  • Where do I drop off my unwanted prescription drugs?
unwanted prescription drug drop off